Many businesses advertise on social media with the hopes of a higher CTR and sales. I can count in one hand the times I have clicked to a social ad on Facebook. What about you? How more likely are you to click than to a paid search keyword ad on Google?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Many businesses advertise on social media with the hopes of a higher CTR and sales. I can count in one hand the times I have clicked to a social ad on Facebook. What about you? How more likely are you to click than to a paid search keyword ad on Google?

Hi,

Personally I find the business pages on the facebook is bringing a good traffic if optimised properly. I think it is good idea to create a business page on facebook.

Thanks

Hi,

Personally I find the business pages on the facebook is bringing a good traffic if optimised properly. I think it is good idea to create a business page on facebook.

Thanks

Iam aggre with your'e opinion...
Thanks for sharing this information and it will helping me to promote with facebook...

Perhaps a Facebook Page will help promote a business but what about putting ads on Facebook - has that helped?

I don't use social media that much. When I do (and this goes for pretty much anywhere/any site), I rarely find advertisements that I am interested in and if I am interested I'd usually rather pop open another window/tab and search for whatever the ad is for and find it myself rather than clicking on the ad.

I guess this comes from an inherent distrust of things on the internet and the possibility of tracking cookies and other junk I'd rather not get involved with.

Occasionally I will click on the sponsored links at the top of Google searches but generally if it's something that I am interested in from a decent company their regular search result is in the first few results and I click that in the interest of saving them the few cents/dollars for the click through rate. If the Google ads are particularly obnoxious, unrelated or for a company I don't particularly care for for some reason, I'll click their ads a few times for the opposite reason :D

I have to agree with you. As a matter of fact I do not think I have ever clicked on any ads in facebook or Myspace.

yea - i'm mostly in donaldw's camp... i rarely click on any ad, let alone a FB one.. although i have to say.. some of the Facebook ads are extremely relevant and targeted. To the point where it's almost creepy. Guess that's what you get for sharing personal information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.