Many businesses advertise on social media with the hopes of a higher CTR and sales. I can count in one hand the times I have clicked to a social ad on Facebook. What about you? How more likely are you to click than to a paid search keyword ad on Google?

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jay 11

Many businesses advertise on social media with the hopes of a higher CTR and sales. I can count in one hand the times I have clicked to a social ad on Facebook. What about you? How more likely are you to click than to a paid search keyword ad on Google?

Hi,

Personally I find the business pages on the facebook is bringing a good traffic if optimised properly. I think it is good idea to create a business page on facebook.

Thanks

Hi,

Personally I find the business pages on the facebook is bringing a good traffic if optimised properly. I think it is good idea to create a business page on facebook.

Thanks

Iam aggre with your'e opinion...
Thanks for sharing this information and it will helping me to promote with facebook...

Perhaps a Facebook Page will help promote a business but what about putting ads on Facebook - has that helped?

I don't use social media that much. When I do (and this goes for pretty much anywhere/any site), I rarely find advertisements that I am interested in and if I am interested I'd usually rather pop open another window/tab and search for whatever the ad is for and find it myself rather than clicking on the ad.

I guess this comes from an inherent distrust of things on the internet and the possibility of tracking cookies and other junk I'd rather not get involved with.

Occasionally I will click on the sponsored links at the top of Google searches but generally if it's something that I am interested in from a decent company their regular search result is in the first few results and I click that in the interest of saving them the few cents/dollars for the click through rate. If the Google ads are particularly obnoxious, unrelated or for a company I don't particularly care for for some reason, I'll click their ads a few times for the opposite reason :D

I have to agree with you. As a matter of fact I do not think I have ever clicked on any ads in facebook or Myspace.

yea - i'm mostly in donaldw's camp... i rarely click on any ad, let alone a FB one.. although i have to say.. some of the Facebook ads are extremely relevant and targeted. To the point where it's almost creepy. Guess that's what you get for sharing personal information.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.