I wasn't sure, in which forum to ask this question, so here goes:

Could you guys recommend a very good web hosting company?

Thank you in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You need to give more details. What is best depends on your requirements and needs.

Yes, you are right.
What I need is PHP, Ruby on Rails, Python, MySQL support. PostgreSQL would be nice, too.
Google credit... Unlimited space and traffic.
Free domain or better yet three free domains.
Very good tech support, preferably US-based...

Dreamhost, but if you get it, search coupons, it has all that stuff I'm pretty sure. And you can get like $50 off shared hosting plans, and the price is already fairly average. My PHPBB forum has had well over a million page loads so far in 2010 and it is extremely image and attachment heavy. I also have several other domains there. I would suggest a different domain registrar though, as with any hosting.

Thank you a million!
Believe it or not, I'm already going through my 2-week trial with DreamHost.
Now I am even more sure that I'm on the right path. :)

Dreamhost, but if you get it, search coupons, it has all that stuff I'm pretty sure. And you can get like $50 off shared hosting plans, and the price is already fairly average. My PHPBB forum has had well over a million page loads so far in 2010 and it is extremely image and attachment heavy. I also have several other domains there. I would suggest a different domain registrar though, as with any hosting.

Thank you a million!
Believe it or not, I'm already going through my 2-week trial with DreamHost.
Now I am even more sure that I'm on the right path. :)

Hello...

There are almost endless options which all are claiming to be the top hosts or the least expensive service, and this can make it almost impossible for web masters to sort fact from fiction. The best way to select a quality web host is to take the selection process one step at a time.

Hello...

There are almost endless options which all are claiming to be the top hosts or the least expensive service, and this can make it almost impossible for web masters to sort fact from fiction. The best way to select a quality web host is to take the selection process one step at a time.

Thank you very much!
For now, I've chosen Dreamhost. So far so good. :)

Godady is very popular so you can get service of it.

However, I'm using ehostpros.com it is also a good company providing good services.

As the original poster is now happy with the answer they got, and this thread is now just attracting the spammers, I'm marking it solved and closing it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.