I just read the thread regarding a fellow members women's community. Well I have a pet community and I would like to do the same. We really need the site to grow and although I've posted on a lot of places my page rank just isn't going anywhere.

Any tips you have would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also, if I do adwords how much would be a good amount to spend (considering I really don't have much to spend after shelling out everything so quickly on building the site)? Should I wait until my site has it's logo/banners and everything up to make it look nicer or should I just do it now?

Also, what keywords should I use for the best results. This is my first time running a site and it was rather unexpected because our old forum was shut down by the admin (she got very sick) and I stepped up to build another one ASAP. I could REALLY use all of the help I can get!!!!

BTW- I really like this place. Seems like the best advice I've gotten on these subjects just from reading OTHERS posts. Everyone is SO nice and helpful... I love it!! I think I'll stick around!!! :mrgreen:

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cyfm

Oh yeah... and should I send everyone to my home page or right to the forums?

Do you all find my site easy to navigate? Would YOU want to join if you were/are a pet lover?

I did adwords- but I've only gotten 23 clicks in the past week!!! What am I doing wrong?

Oh yeah... and should I send everyone to my home page or right to the forums?

Do you all find my site easy to navigate? Would YOU want to join if you were/are a pet lover?

This isn't really the place for site specific advice. Check out our Website Reviews forum => http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum170.html

Generally speaking, I like a portal which gives an overview of the latest threads and most interesting posts and such.

I am one for reinvesting funds to grow a site ... a starting point is to begin by spending only what you're comfortable with spending on a hobby project out of pocket. As the site grows, and you start bringing in sponsorships or advertising revenue or contributing sponsors, spend half of what you bring in.

Advertisments and sponsership is key when it comes to running an online community, although most of my projects have used my own money I also use advertisment money such as google ad's, sponsership and that kind of thing. It's good if you can get sponsers who have a sepcific product or service which would be relavent to your site, say for example dog hair brushes (weak example I know :P)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.