Hello friends,

How to promote my business through Digital Marketing? My business purely depending on Oil and Gas Industry.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

My view is that the ICE industry is going to be here for some time but I would not invest here for the long term. Why? Check out the curves at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUC6lsLr04I

Digital marketing is NOT SPECIAL. It's just marketing done over the Internet or some call digital signage, digital marketing. Nothing has really changed in marketing. Just a change in having more delivery options.

The basics of business has not changed. You have your product, you have your company and you build your reputation.

Digital marketing is NOT SPECIAL. It's just marketing done over the Internet or some call digital signage, digital marketing. Nothing has really changed in marketing. Just a change in having more delivery options.

I cannot disagree with this more. Digital marketing is unique from marketing that has been traditionally done for the past 100+ years. First there were print ads. Then tv commercials, which were an evolution of print ads. They were a different format, but the process was largely the same. Then came digital. At first, in the early 2000s, digital worked much the same as other multimedia ads before it (tv commercials, digital billboards, etc.) However, with user generated content, social media, search engines and SEO, digital marketing has now evolved into a completely different ballgame from the way that marketing has been done for the past century plus.

Hi Dani,

I've seen folk try to use SEO and such as you listed but their basic product and reputation remain the same. I consider product, company and the folk that run the company the foundation. If these are missing then proceeding with more marketing does not change what they are building on.

There's also a problem with the OP's basic business. We should see the Carbon Industry take a run up before it really tanks. I supplied a video that did a longer take and easier for some format than https://seekingalpha.com/article/4225153-evs-oil-ice-impact-2023-beyond .

My advice is to do what business you can and pivot out of the carbon market gracefully before you find yourself even more deeply invested.

I've seen folk try to use SEO and such as you listed but their basic product and reputation remain the same. I consider product, company and the folk that run the company the foundation. If these are missing then proceeding with more marketing does not change what they are building on.

Yes, product, company, and company leaders are the foundation, and if they are missing, any amount of marketing won't help. However, I still feel like it's incorrect to say that digital marketing is not special from the forms of marketing that came before it, it's just marketing over a different medium, and nothing has changed in marketing.

Dear rproffitt and Dani,

Really thanks for your time here.

@cameliajohn. I can't stress enough that the carbon industry is one we need to pivot or move away from unless it's in capture or carbon neutral products.

As "Bill Nye says "the planet's on f*ing fire" and we need to "grow the f up"" in John Oliver's piece at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDcro7dPqpA the alarms are going off and we must take action at all levels.

I do see hope as the UK in 2017 "The switch to natural gas and a stiff tax on CO2 have helped drop emissions 36% below those in 1990." and it's declined even further since then.

Here's Bill Nye explaining why Co2 emissions went down:
BillNye1.gif

And Bill Nye showing us what's going on now (exaggerating but you have to today.):
BillNye2.gif

commented: Saw it. Loved it. +15

Dear @rproffitt,
Once again thanks for your explanation here.

Oil and Gas industry is not something people search for on google majorly as per me. If you want to be seen you need to promote through social media and the video platforms. If I see a brand of oil or gas and again and again and know about it being close to me for sure I would think of it as my first substitute.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.