I just put up a new website at << plug snipped >>
The problem is I'm not getting that many visitors (55 in the first 3 days). Anyone have any suggestions on how to get more visitors for free?

...by the way, if you're thinking about visiting the page :D check out the forum and get some discussions going!

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Advertising - try banner exchange programmes (http://banners.eukhost.com is one I can think of off hand)... Also make sure your members are really into the site, that will get them to tell other people about it, etc...

check out the forum and get some discussions going!

I think I speak on behalf of everyone here, we're just fine with our discussions on TechTalkForums

Oh yeah... you site can't be very legal if you have a link to a "warez" website on it.

Also, are you sure you are not breaking the EULA's of this software by distributing it off your website?

The problem is I'm not getting that many visitors (55 in the first 3 days).

It's only been 3 days. That's not much time. Unless you were mass marketing, and your site was on all the major search engines, and had ad space on high trafic web sites, maybe THEN you could expect more.

I think you picked a very hard theme for your web site. Why should people go to your site when they got downloads.com, tucows.com, and jumbo.com? If you want to compete, then you have to offer some extra, preferably unique. Maybe articles or tech news. A better eye-catching layout wouldn't hurt either.

Here's a website promotion tutorial:
http://www.apromotionguide.com/

Also, why do you have a link to Warez? This link automatically, in my book, cheapens and degrades any site trying to be legal. I assume you are trying to stay legal because you state on your site:

"All our programs are freeware. If you find a program here not suitable for this purpose, please contact us here."

and have copyrights on "Apps of the Web."

Ok, removed the warez-link, didn't even know it was illegal to put up a link to a page like that... :roll:

this mite be a stupid question but y is a link to that kind of page illegal.

Well, it might not be illegal to link to warez, but it sure isn't professional. Does download.com have a link to a warez website? I don't think so.

Links to warez websites may turn off your viewers, because it questions the legality of the content on your website.

Member Avatar for

Could anyone that knows legel from illegal check out the site?

Well, it might not be illegal to link to warez, but it sure isn't professional. Does download.com have a link to a warez website? I don't think so.

Links to warez websites may turn off your viewers, because it questions the legality of the content on your website.

I don't think it is legal to promote illegal activities - and that would probably include a direct link to a warrez site.

i know that this is goin to be a very stupid question :roll: but what is warez. this is the first i have heard of the word and was wondering what it stood for or what it ment. well thanks for answering my very dumb question

Warez is pirated software, movies, etc etc etc. Warez is software that is illegally distributed on the internet that you normally have to pay for.

thats what i thought it ment

buy text links, they always help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.