Hi, Im a return member of danweb. My last time here was 2010/11. Good to he back and thanks for having me. Im here with a purpose and it's due to some harrowing experiences ive endured on Quora.com to which I also recently returned. Reason:I had my first real encounter with a narcissist and was oblivious to the fact until almost 9 months later is when I realized the scale of it all. As i was learning about NPD, it seemed there were dedicated spaces to specific interest groups related to natcissim Narcissistic Abuse and Victims.
I didn't realize that place was full of Narcissists and i am cyberbullied there. I know and have a list of users who are intentionally as a group spreading misinformation about NPD making it worst for survivors or victims who seek information that is reliable. Ive been calling out these hoaxer and their lies and misinformation about psychology that is harmful, and noe have become a target of abuse online myself.my report to Quora has no effect no response.

Are there any ways that i can use to find out, who has been sharing my quora profile link, and to which space or url was my profile link shared to. I am asking to find out if webcrawlers or webscrapers be used to search for and list the urls where my profile link appears within quora.com and the account name that posted it? Is that possible?
If not how can it be helped?
Please assist dear members. The abuse there is horrific and some people who seek answers there are oblivious to the psychological tarpits that trap them.

Is there

rproffitt commented: Try again. Looks like you were cut off at "Is there" +17

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi @rproffiyt ... I wasn't cut off. that was a typo. Thanks for the heads up. Im a complete chump when it comes to programming or codes. any recommendations?

What is the toggle below with a green check mark. Test.

The green checkmark is the indicator that the question has been solved.

It appears you want to discuss Psychology. Maybe a book about dark psychology would shed light on this:
https://books.google.com/books?id=X_PsDwAAQBAJ

Frankly I'd avoid such forums altogether if you find them abusive.

I would not waste time reporting or tracking such people. Leave, don't go back.

commented: Im not concerned engaging in psychology discussions with toxic people. Im here to find which url in that website my profile is posted. Screenshot. +0

They seem to have my personal info that im sure wasnt legally obtained. But it isnt compromising/harmful. Ive taken all precautions since. Im here to make sure it stops and that im not being clandestinely tracked which is my other concern. There could be someone there who knows me personally. I feel my devices and connections are secure and not compromised. But i could be wrong. Hence my need for an experts opinion.

The number of discussions about "my personal info" has been leaked, obtained, etc. is off the charts. The consensus is that your personal info is, in short, on the web and in all those social media sites such as Facebook and more.

The advice is usually to stop using social media and go dark. Stop feeding the beast. Finally, stop worrying they are tracking you. Unless you are a Jan 6 insurrectionist or similar, you're not that interesting.

Are there any ways that i can use to find out, who has been sharing my quora profile link, and to which space or url was my profile link shared to.

Not that I know of, no. LinkedIn, for example, tells you who viewed your profile (unless they have in their preferences to remain anonymous, but, if I recall, if you have that option enabled, you don't get to see who viewed your profile either), but I have no recollection of Quora having such a feature.

I am asking to find out if webcrawlers or webscrapers be used to search for and list the urls where my profile link appears within quora.com and the account name that posted it?

You can usually perform a link: search in Google. You would do something such as Googling for:

link:www.quora.com/Dani-Wolkowicki

(or whatever your profile URL is), and it's supposed to show you a list of webpages that link to the URL you are querying. However, I just tried it and it didn't work for me, which is odd. Perhaps Google changed this feature.

If you go to Quora privacy settings you can also disable allowing search engines to index your name and allowing your profile to be discovered by email. You can also optionally choose to disable receiving Quora messages.

commented: Going dark. +17

I do not think spending any of your energy on these forums or tracking who they are will lead to any resolution. Stay away from places like these.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.