i'm new in this field.my lecturer want me to made up some project.i want to made an academic portal that have a forum inside that.how can i made it by use html,php or what?please help me?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

There free forums in the net lurking around, you can google it. Just create an account then link it to your academic portal. That's just a suggestion. If you really want to create your own forum, then you can start by studying scripts.

:)

i'm new in this field.my lecturer want me to made up some project.i want to made an academic portal that have a forum inside that.how can i made it by use html,php or what?please help me?

Building a forum from scratch would be an interesting project... but long and unnecessary unless you're really interested in learning how to do it.

If you want to get something off the ground quickly, there are some great, free, open-source forum scripts that you can download and install on your own server pretty quickly.

In particular I'd recommend one of two:

I personally like phpBB better, but I've seen SMF come out well also.

If you're determined to create your own, I'd suggest reading Practical PHP Programming. It's a great free book to use to learn php, and there's an entire section (Chapter 21, Section 3) devoted to creating a message board script.

Good luck,
- Walkere

hi zuniza,
hmm interesting project, you must work hard to make all.
i agree with Walkere to this recommended

In particular I'd recommend one of two:

* phpBB
* Simple Machines Forum

thanks to all of u that replied.i will try to do it

You can take a google help. you search free download site and check to how to designa froum website. you also got html code through internet. This will really help you, use mostly internet.

Hey,
well, if I were you, I would deffintly look into using PHP to create a forum. Although HTML coding is much easier, it would probally be a lot more difficult in this situation.

If you google search this, you will find PHP sites, which let you create a forum with ease, although all you will have to do is add a title, customize it, and add to a basic structer, but it will be a lot easier.

I hope you found this useful :)

x

I would deffintly look into using PHP to create a forum. Although HTML coding is much easier, it would probally be a lot more difficult in this situation.

Actually, using HTML would make the project impossible, not more difficult.

HTML (along with CSS) is just a way to mark-up and present information. It helps you organize content on a website.

In order to have a dynamic content-driven site (like a forum), you need to have a backend script that takes user input, processes the input, places it in a storage point (like a database), and then retrieves it from the storage when someone makes the proper request.

While PHP is probably the most popular scripting language today (and a good one to look for free forum scripts), there are alternative languages you could use. It would be possible to make a forum backend with both Perl and Python to name a couple.

- Walkere

who can help me
need 1 code aspforum and skin nike

you can use phpbb to build a new and beautiful site

In my opinion the best way to create a forum is phpBB

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.