Hi,

I have a simple looking 2 column CSS layout I want to implement, but my skills aren't there and from what I've been reading, it is a challenging design even for the pros. Any help with this or direction to sample CSS is VERY appreciated!

The idea is to have 2 columns that are liquid in length only, but they must lengthen together and not have one column longer than the other. In the image, that would be the green column and the blue. Also, the header and footer do not extend over the left (green) column but are simply related to the blue.

The last part of this is to have the whole layout package centered in the browser (as shown).

Can anyone please help???

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately, you will have to use a table if you want both of them to be the same height in all browser window sizes and screen resolutions.

The div tag is too fluid to achieve this. We need a divrow tag, or something like that, to be the equivalent of the tr tag in tables.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.