My site exceedhosting.com, Is an edited template. It shows fine on internet explorer. however open it in firefox, and the botton elongates ridiculously, hit F5 (refresh) in firefox and it shows fine, the bar to the left on the hosting and resellers page shortens in FF also. Could anyone please help me solve the problem. Any help gives is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You have a CSS setting, the "form" selector, with a margin property set to 100%. That could very well be the problem. Try changing that.

I would strongly recommend selecting and adding a proper DocType, and then validating both your CSS and your HTML.

You have a CSS setting, the "form" selector, with a margin property set to 100%. That could very well be the problem. Try changing that.

I would strongly recommend selecting and adding a proper DocType, and then validating both your CSS and your HTML.

What value should I try changing it to? I tried a few settings, but its either messed up in firefox or internet explorer :(

Thanks for your help ;)

For now, during testing, set it to "0px":

form
{
	margin: 0px;
}

See if that fixes the problem. You can adjust it if you need to. That's just the first thing I noticed that looked strange to me. If it's something else, we'll hunt for it.

Added
Ok, that wasn't the problem. That is one of the most extreme examples of nested tables I've ever seen. It may take days to track down the problem. It might be easier, in fact, to rewrite the entire layout/page in CSS. Do away with tables entirely. I'll continue to poke around, but I'm sure there is an unbalanced table structure somewhere.

I played with this for about 10 minutes, and through aggresively taking out giant chunks of nested tables, I was able to get it to display the inner table in question "correctly". But by that point there was no way to tell where I was anymore.

With tables, divs, spans, spacer gifs, sized td's, images and background images, etc. it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I don't normally make commercial offers in a forum, but I can convert this to CSS for you.

I played with this for about 10 minutes, and through aggresively taking out giant chunks of nested tables, I was able to get it to display the inner table in question "correctly". But by that point there was no way to tell where I was anymore.

With tables, divs, spans, spacer gifs, sized td's, images and background images, etc. it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I don't normally make commercial offers in a forum, but I can convert this to CSS for you.

That'd be sweet! Shall I zip up the documents and send them to you?

Otherwise Whats your msn/ aim addy. Thanks once again man, I really appreciate your offer. :)

I mentioned this was a "commercial offer", right? Meaning if I were to undertake this we need to discuss the situation offline. You can get my email address from my website.

Working through this, I found some missing table end tags. The major problem, though, was that you had "height=100%" on a lot of different tags, tables and tds.

Firefox loads things in a different order, so accounted for the space before content is fully loaded.

I've fixed the file, added some comments, and will email it to you.

Loaded in Internet Explorer 6.0 and Firefox. Congrats on the fix.

Clay

My site exceedhosting.com, Is an edited template. It shows fine on internet explorer. however open it in firefox, and the botton elongates ridiculously, hit F5 (refresh) in firefox and it shows fine, the bar to the left on the hosting and resellers page shortens in FF also. Could anyone please help me solve the problem. Any help gives is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.