short question:
Please explain the code to make a drop down window.

Detailed question:
I need to know how the code to make a simple roll over drop down window works. I am using html, php, and mysql. I have a pretty good site already, but I like the look of drop down windows which I intend to include on all my pages. I am familiar with the PHP include, but I really need help in just the construction of some roll over drop down windows. Bungie.net is a good example of the kind of roll over drop down window I hope to learn how to make. The searches I have found on this site give me the code to make one, but I don't understand how the code works as there was no explanation with it. I prefer not to play with it for hours if I can just get a response I could understand in less than a few minutes.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I assume from the site, you mean rollover dropdown menu

a good google search would be Coogle css rollover drop down menu tutorial
as for frames table etc, makes no difference to the css involved, css works with just about any html element,
the W3schools tutorial is pretty "old school"
<UL> are used more than tables, faster to render

Why does everyone want these things? They are NOT accessible technology. You are losing disabled viewers by using them.

Why does everyone want these things? They are NOT accessible technology. You are losing disabled viewers by using them.

target audience
video sharing library, has little regard for visually disabled
mp3 site, for hearing impaired
My preference, a visually restricted person, is to have the menu fully expanded by default, with the option to collapse the menu, great for "save on screen space"
and as a cautionary tale fo US webmasters
target (I think, apologies to target if it were another large company) just got $6milliion ordered against them for the web site being not accessible. This order opens a floodgate of litigious opportunism

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.