Hi,

I recently installed Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Freehand MX Education Version on my laptop, and I'm having some problems with the display. The text of the tabs in the panels are so small and pixelated that I can't even read them. I have a 17" widescreen and an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700...I've tried every resolution setting, and they're still not readable. I need to get this fixed, because I just made a large investment in the laptop to use for college!

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, is there an "easy" way to develop websites in Dreamweaver that will represent what they will look like when they're viewed on a normal desktop monitor? I've never developed on a laptop before...so I'm not sure if there are any tricks to it.

Thanks a lot!

-Jason M.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Im having this exact same problem but still cannot find an answer to how to fix it. Did you ever find out what was wrong? Please let me know, my email is poormanphoto@cox.net if youd like to email me. Thank you so much

-Jeff

Hi,

I recently installed Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Freehand MX Education Version on my laptop, and I'm having some problems with the display. The text of the tabs in the panels are so small and pixelated that I can't even read them. I have a 17" widescreen and an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700...I've tried every resolution setting, and they're still not readable. I need to get this fixed, because I just made a large investment in the laptop to use for college!

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, is there an "easy" way to develop websites in Dreamweaver that will represent what they will look like when they're viewed on a normal desktop monitor? I've never developed on a laptop before...so I'm not sure if there are any tricks to it.

Thanks a lot!

-Jason M.

Hey Guys.. Just a thought but try switching your fonts to CLEAR TYPE

See if this helps...

This option is Under Appeareance Properties |Effects

Let me know how you make out..

I figured out what was wrong a couple months ago, for my machine anyway. I had to change the DPI setting, which is under Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced. By default, mine was set to Large Size, 120DPI. I switched it to Normal Size, 96DPI and now Macromedia displays just fine, and my web graphic problem was fixed. After spending hours on the phone with both Dell and ATI tech support, they wanted me to send my computer in to be "fixed"...so I emailed our school district's tech guy, and the first thing he suggested was to change the DPI settings. Bingo! I haven't breathed a sigh of relief like that in a long time.

-Jason

Sorry to drudge up an old thread. I found something that worked for me. I'm assuming it's the same issue - I'm running Dreamweaver MX on XP and a Dell 9300 17 inch laptop. The tabs at the top of dreamweaver were tiny and bold at 120dpi.

Changed it to 96dpi, restarted and the problem went away. Then got fed up with that setting and changed back to 120dpi. Problem hasn't come back!

I'm guessing some fonts weren't correctly installed with the original installation, and they've sorted themselves out by changing away from and then back to 120dpi.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.