I wanted to do some popon windows when someone hovers over something on my page...

new_window = open("page.html", "displayWindow", "toolbar=no,width=600,height=300,directories=no,status=no,scrollbars=no,resize=no,menubar=no");
I can do that by opening a popup using the abovecode but it opens in a separate page... I want it to hover on top of the same page some thing like on http://m.www.yahoo.com/ when you hover your mouse on the side links, a new window comes on top..nothing so animated and fancy like that but just getting a new window on top of the same page

any help doing this with html, css, or javascript (any client side stuff) would be great!

thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Look for ajax code!

i am glad you didn't say something like "look for web programming"

thats not a popup(new window) but a part of the page like a div thats positioned to look like a popup something like light box. its easy to make that effect with jquery .there are probably a lot of tutorials just on that topic. try searching google or the jquery plugin base for "tooltip"

commented: Helped +1

thanks bittuthegr8 for your information.... I was googling in totally wrong direction with popup window but now googling with popup div returns lots of tutorials and stuffs.

thanks a lot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.