Hello everyone, hope you are all well,

Im am looking into building myself a webpage, and would luike some advice please with my header tags and domain setup.

header tags im looking at using are the following

<head> 
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<meta name="description" content=". " />
<meta name="keywords" content="." />
<meta name="rating" content="general" /> 
<meta name="revisit-after" content="7 Days" />
<meta name="ROBOTS" content="all" />
<meta name="GOOGLEBOT" content="index,follow" /> 
<title>Title</title>
<meta name="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" content="true" />

With the domain setup, i am referring to

www.mydomain.com (homepage = index.php or html)
I know php pushes, as the page will not load until all information has been pushed, where as html GETS and show the information whilst its downloading.

The advice here I am looking for is how I set the domain ?

if i have a few different sections ? ie. section 1, section 2, section 3
Would it be best for me to create
www.mydomain/section1 and have each page named index.php/html or have
www.mydomain/section1.php

www.mydomain/section2
www.mydomain/section3

many thanks inadvance

I don't see what your question has to do with metatags, but I would note that the only 2 important ones are description and, to a lesser degree, keywords. These should tell what your site is about and include the keywords you want to stress.

As for file naming, if your section only has one page, don't make it a section. Just make it a page in the root. If you have several pages, your default page in each section will be www.mydomain/section1/index.html and then the other pages will be in the same directory and have different names, e.g. www.mydomain/section1/pageabouttheauthor.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.