I would be grateful if you guys shared some info about the best places to create website at, and tell me why it is better than others. It should be economical and reliable.
I'm looking to create my own website, so it'll be great help.

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

That might depend on who your ISP is. I get a free Geocities website with my AT&T service.

Finding the "best" web provider is like choosing a car. Everyone has a different idea of what "best" is.

Hi,
First of all you tell me how many pages do you want in your website because cost is totally depend on web pages anyway I recently came across a site called tiptopwebsite.com that provides opportunity to create own website with good packages. You can get a complete website for only $1. Hope this will help you.
Good luck!

Hi,

It depends on the content and quantity of pages ... if you are using some thing which needed data base or server sode help. than it will cause some amount. The Best I can see now is hostmysite.com they will give you much space and flexibility for your site.

But the final choice is yours.......

Have a nice time & good luck.

angelfire is easy to work with too if you need a free web host.

Hmmm...u may search for free webserver space on google and land on to loads of free hosting space with different features...so just go on and try places

'Best' is subjective. It depends on your needs.

Paid Hosting

• unique domain name e.g www.Hernandez.com
  • advanced technologies such as sql, php, asp, etc
  • large storage needs requiring gigabytes upon gigabytes
  • total control of content, i.e. no advertisements
  • commercial site used for selling products and/or services

Free Hosting

• when you don't need any points mentioned above
  • a personal site about you e.g. a blog with a bio and some photos
  • to simply experiment with the idea of having your own website

A good free hosting site I use is 110mb

What are you talking about? is it a web hosting or a web development firm?

It, I assume you are referring to the hyperlink, is a free web hosting site. You sign up for an account and in a few minutes/hours you can add content and publish web pages to the web. There is also a forum within the website where users give advice and ask questions.

What are you talking about? is it a web hosting or a web development firm?

I would be grateful if you guys shared some info about the best places to create website at, and tell me why it is better than others. It should be economical and reliable.

I am currently using a NetFirms Plus Account (http://www.netfirms.com/web-hosting/). It is only $4.95/month and has great features. In the past I have also used GoDaddy (https://www.godaddy.com) which I also would recommend.

There are also many others such as 1and1, HostGator, and many others but I have not specifically used them.

I never use free sites as they aren't always reliable. The old saying, "you get what you pay for" goes a long way. If you spend time creating your site why host with someone you can't guarantee it will be 99.9% of the time or more. Free sites also can have lots of adds and slow load times.

Best of luck,
Clif Bridegum

I used geocities for years but they do not allow enough bandwidth for your site. If you want a lot of bandwidth you have to spend some cash and host on someones server.

Geocities no longer a good place to make website, as they put a huge ugly banner if you go for free website.

You can click on the trapezoid at the top of the ad banner and close it.

or you can just post on geocities a place to get an ad blocker if they noticed though they might freeze your account.

The only reason I tell people to close the ad is so they can see the page full-width.

I always test the pages to see if they display in smaller windows OK.

I'll tell you where not to host, DO NOT USE Frontpage Web hosting. I had used them cause they were chea p and it provided all of what I needed. Recently they decided to upgrade their servers and they had a crash. They never backed up thier customers data prior to doing the upgrade so all data was lost. They didn't even tell their customers their pages were down. They have horrible service and they have since raised their prices. Avoid them at all costs. Support is bad too.

you can just buy a domainname and host it on 110mb.com

its for free and they offer great feaures for you for free :)

All,
I am in the process of turning up a new site. I have chosen Media Temple (http://mediatemple.net) as my host. This site was recommended by by website designer and I did some of my own research. I have made several calls to tech support at all hours of the night and the response times are very quick, there people seem knowledgeable, and my questions were resolved quickly. I choose to go with their basic GridHosting (GS) service which is usually $20 per month. I paid the whole year in advance and found a promo code online which brought my total for the year to $170 or $14.17 per month.

I am really concerned with uptime and stability and their offerings seem to meet this. They host many name brand sites in one way or another such as Starbucks, Sony, and others.

Best of luck choosing your own site.

hernandez, well, is suggest to try to look at geocities.com..

---------------
<URL SNIPPED>

Well im not sure what your meaning but i guess your wanting to know about how to make a website.

Here are some suggestions base on skill levels.

1. if you know none or very basic html.

- hire a website developer
- get some hosting with a hosting provider that has a simple site creator.

2. if you know html but dont know much about design programs such as photoshop, flash etc.

- buy a website template
- get a website designer to create a website template.

3. learn website design either by looking a tutorials on the web or signup for website design course.

I will suggest on the website hosting part of things is if your are serious about your website then get some hosting with a reputable company and pay for it. If your looking to make a website just as a hobby and dont really care about loosing your data or just experimenting get a free hosting service.

i heard about this free web hosting site " .tk"
but a lot of people..use social sites., probably
the best example "multiply" to put their products
online...and its free.

Sorry,
I don't have enough knowledge about this matter.
i just suggest you should take help of any experience person or good site as like given below.
Best of Luck

I always used for website such as following there-:

• Notepad++
  • dreamweaver

Hello There,
Kinda late, but just incase you are still searching.
I would recommend GoDaddy as a host but not to actually create your page. Infact the reason why Im even looking at this post is because they have great support but dont allow enough space to support your content on your page which is the THE MOST important. They offer vary narrow spaces to put your content, therefore you are forced to work your way down the page without filling up whats available to use. So then you spend your money on more bandwidth. With them its one catch after another. If you dont have alot of content then hey it may be for you.

The best web hosting companies are the ones that has minimum pay but has competent services. Try searching google so you could get a good list of web hosting companies, I would also suggest not to solely rely on recommendations but more on feedbacks on how the company satisfies their current clients. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.