I've never used any CMS as a developer.
Now I think it's time for me to start getting familiar with them.
There are three out there I laid my eye on - WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal.
Which one should I begin with?

Thank you!

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by levsha

From my experience is Wordpress the easiest one to grasp. Drupal has an enormous learning curve and will take quite a while to fully understand and I haven't tried Joomla! yet. My suggestion is that you first and foremost figure out what kind of site you will use it for: a forum, marketing site or personal site/blog. Wordpress has a forum plugin but Drupal or Joomla! would be better suited for it. The same for marketing sites/online stores. But Wordpress can do all that too but it may just not be just as convenient since it's from the beginning a blogging platform.

But if you are just curious then my vote would be that you start learning wordpress since it's so simple and easy to start working with. :)

From my experience is Wordpress the easiest one to grasp. Drupal has an enormous learning curve and will take quite a while to fully understand and I haven't tried Joomla! yet. My suggestion is that you first and foremost figure out what kind of site you will use it for: a forum, marketing site or personal site/blog. Wordpress has a forum plugin but Drupal or Joomla! would be better suited for it. The same for marketing sites/online stores. But Wordpress can do all that too but it may just not be just as convenient since it's from the beginning a blogging platform.

But if you are just curious then my vote would be that you start learning wordpress since it's so simple and easy to start working with. :)

Thank you very much!
Yes, I'm just curious because I see a lot of demand for CMS around, especially for WordPress.
And I did figure out that it is the easiest one to learn and I started with it. :)

Now, thanks to you, I'm sure I'm on the right track. :)

If you wanna go hardcore you can always try to design your own ;) good luck with WordPress! :D

If you wanna go hardcore you can always try to design your own ;) good luck with WordPress! :D

I'm not that far yet, but I'm on the way. Thank you! ;)

Does noone use Contribute? I know its not free, but I'm sure with as popular as DW is, many people use contribute. Just curious.

Does noone use Contribute? I know its not free, but I'm sure with as popular as DW is, many people use contribute. Just curious.

I've never seen any request for it from potential employers.

I think Wordpress should be a good place to start. Drupal is very good but a lil more complicated than Wordpress.

For me Joomla is best and it is easy to use, also you have lot of tutorials on youtube :)

I think Wordpress should be a good place to start. Drupal is very good but a lil more complicated than Wordpress.

That's what I've figured out. :)

For me Joomla is best and it is easy to use, also you have lot of tutorials on youtube :)

Joomla! is number two on my list. :)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.