Hey guys, it's been a while.

Got a question I'm working on transfering my whole webpage to flash movie so its more interactive and what not. So far I've only got as far as adding in the banner and some of the navigation. I wanted each of these buttons on my page to animate by shaking violently when the user hovers the mouse over them. I did this so far by using motion tweens and mouse over functions in actionscript3. Now I actually got this to work perfectly for one button. However when i add a second button into the equation, the second button won't animate. Can anyone help me with this?

Also if any of you guys know of some great tutorials for beginers using flash CS5 it would also be a great help, I really want to master this program.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

STill need help with the linking thing if anyone's got the help :-(

Heres the code if it helps at all

butt2.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, fl_MouseOverHandler_12);

function fl_MouseOverHandler_12(event:MouseEvent):void
{
	// Start your custom code
	// This example code displays the words "Moused over" in the Output panel.
	trace("Moused over");
	gotoAndPlay(1);
	// End your custom code
}

keep in mind that this is only one of the two buttons or "tweens" there movie clips with in the swf. I used this same code on the first button which works but it won't work on the second.

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

The above code is exactly fine, may be the naming convention would be a problem. Ensure that you have the name butt2 as an instance name of your button or movieclip.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.