i've got a bit of a problem here. i am having a site built that contains a music library. in the music library, each song has a flash player associated with it. most of our testers have reported that although all players load, only about two will actually play the associated mp3s. after that, none of the players will play. all testers have the required version of flash (7), and the hosting service has stated that it is not a bandwidth problem.

if anyone would be kind enough to offer their thoughts on this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

the url: http://s2n.sonicarsenal.com/music_library.php

thanks!

Is there a reason why you didn't use just one player to play all of the mp3s? Just seems it would be easier for you and your users to only have the one player to worry about.

Is there a reason why you didn't use just one player to play all of the mp3s? Just seems it would be easier for you and your users to only have the one player to worry about.

essentially, the site is html and the player is flash. i would have wanted to have just a "listen" button next to each song, and then the song would load in the one player. however, our programmer did not know of a script that could make this happen. so we ended up embedding a mini player for each song.

Tought spot.

You could create 2 flash movies, have one be the list of songs which will communicate to the player. Using LocalConnection.connect, or something like that. You would have to look into it I forget exactly.

Or just build the list of songs in flash with the player.

One thing is for sure, you won't be able to have a bunch of players open and streaming. That just won't work.

Best of luck.

After thinking about it, I think your best solution would be to build a jukebox type player that will allow the users to choose from the various mp3s while using a single player.

You might try flashkit.com for some examples of this.

Why not use a single player for all the mp3's

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.