Hi This is your friendly idiot reporting in with a big question. :o :?: I have been asked to help make a web page for some little kids with an advent calendar (No problem there) snow falling, and a countdown script including days, hours, minutes and seconds. My problem is that I can't figure out how to write two onLoad commands that work. One boy said that he knew how but it didn't work when he tried it. It does seem to me that I read someplace long before I even knew what an onLoad command was that there was a way to do it by delaying the second one for a couple of seconds but I can't find that site again and I have been googling for two weeks now with no luck. Can someone please help me with this?

Everyone seems to think that I am the only one who can do this even when I say that I don't know how. But when they look at me with those big eyes little kids seem to have, I have to at least try. Thanks for reading this and a bigger thanks if you can help me with the code.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is this impossible or did I not make the question plain enough? I have 2nd graders looking at me.

If you have two functions which need to run, everytime, when the page loads, then you simply wrap them both in a third "container" function.

myFunction_01()
{

}

myFunction_02()
{

}

myLoadFunction()
{
  myFunction_01();
  myFunction_02();
}

Then you write the body tag: <body onload="myLoadFunction();">

You have to be patient - sometimes it can take a day or two before anyone can respond to a post - we're all volunteers with day jobs, school, etc.

Is this impossible or did I not make the question plain enough? I have 2nd graders looking at me.

Hi,

Anyways, its not possible to have two onload() methods in a single page.But u can solve this problem by using Timer.

Hi Tigreer, I thought the same.

Thanks,
Kedar

ok the second graders have gone back home and I am calling a moving van because I am entirely too stupid to understand this. Thank you anyway from the idiot of the century. Bye. I won't bother you anymore. I am leaving town to get away from these kids.

I'm not sure how to take your post. Humor, I hope? If we've misunderstood the question, just rephrase it. We'll eventually get it right!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.