i want to create a blog in flash .can anyone suggest me a website with gud tutorials related to it or is there any open source software to create such kind of blog??

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

please give me any idea about it

I think you have posted in the wrong forum and believe you should have posted in the Flash forum.

Thread moved.

okk...hoping i wud get my answer in this section

I did a quick google search and got some impressive results.

none of them r impressive

any other hve any idea ??

none of them r impressive

Even if none of the links brought up by the link in cwarn23's post are exactly what you're after, at least take a look at the tutorials and/or any source code for those websites that were kind enough to provide them. Try to understand how their flash blog works. Learn from any relevant sources you can find online and then build your flash blog to fit your needs.

any other hve any idea ??

For starters, try taking a look at some RSS reader tutorials. They may not be exactly what you're looking for; and they might not be particularly impressive either, but once you understand the way they work you can adapt one to suit your needs and use it as a basis for your blog.

If you already have a blog on Wordpress, Joomla or some other popular blogging service; A simple flash RSS reader connected to the RSS feed of your blog would be a simple and immediate solution to your problem. That way, you can put your .swf on your website and it can pull-in up-to-date content from your blogs RSS feed (text and images).

Getting a simple RSS reader up and running shouldn't be too hard, but you'll need to learn a bit of actionscript first, which is where the tutorials should come in handy. I'll leave it to you to google for some flash RSS reader tutorials though, there are plenty out there!

You'll also need to familiarise yourself with XML, in particular the XML used in RSS feeds.

And if you don't already have an existing blog to connect to, you could always create one or more XML files of your own to house your blog content and then load those into your RSS reader.

Once you've parsed the RSS/XML file and then loaded any additional external content into your swf (e.g. hyperlinked images), you can display the blog content in your flash movie however you like (using animated transitions, animated text, animated filters etc.) and from there, you can extend the project further!

i have already seen those links which cwarn provided. i have been gone through hundreds of results on google. but some of them were not what i wanted and some are not working properly. i want to work with actionscript 3 and php and i know both languages very well. but the thing is i dont know how to integrate php and flash. i have written code in actionscript3 and php.all my swf , fla and php files are in the same folder but when i play my flash movies it displays no content .and my php and actionscript3 code is also showing no error.i just want to work in php , mysql and actionscript3 and not in XML.

here is my as3 code

var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest ("final.php"); request.method = URLRequestMethod.POST; var loader:URLLoader = new URLLoader (request); loader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onDataLoad); loader.dataFormat = URLLoaderDataFormat.VARIABLES; loader.load(request);     function onDataLoad(evt:Event){         var myVariables:URLVariables = new URLVariables(evt.target.data); for(var i:uint=0; i<evt.target.data.cant; i++){ this["Title_txt"+i].htmlText  = "<b>"+evt.target.data["Title"+i]+"</b>"             this["Comment_txt"+i].text = evt.target.data["Comments"+i]     }}

and my php code is

<?php
$connect = mysql_connect("localhost", "rootii", "echoo");
        mysql_select_db("anubhav", $connect);
        $result = mysql_query("SELECT Title, Comments, Image FROM titles");
        $cant = 0;
        while($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)){
            echo "Title$cant=$row[Title]&Comments$cant=$row[Comments]&";
            $cant++;
        }
        echo "cant=$cant";
  ?> 
when i play my flash movie it displays just blank text boxes and nothing.

Aha, now we're getting somewhere!
From your original posts, you sounded like a flash novice. I only suggested the XML idea as it would be far easier for a novice to get up and running. Php and flash is a little more advanced.

I've got to admit, I've never really used PHP much. And although I'm aware you can get PHP working with flash, I've not had the need (or the desire) to do so. But then I haven't done any serious web development since I changed jobs a few years ago and went back to C/C++!

Anyway, going back on topic....
Using google (search terms: "php and flash AS3"), I found this within seconds:
http://www.ultrashock.com/forum/viewthread/90294/

Your code looks very similar to the posters code in this thread. Take a look at the replies from the user called Nutrox. It looks like his code might solve your problem.

Also there is this tutorial I found on kirupa.com which may help you to understand how to get php working with flash:
http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?306368-Newbie-tutorial-AS3-PHP-Notepad

Again, it may not be exactly what you're after. But try the tutorial on its own in order to understand how to get variables/data into flash from php files. Once you've got it working and you understand it, then you can apply appropriate fixes to the code for your blog.

Another thing to look at might be Alessandro Crugnola's Serializer class which allows you to send data between flash and PHP. It was originally created for earlier versions of flash, but there is an AS3 version available.
http://www.sephiroth.it/test/unserializer/
Otherwise, I guess you'll have to keep digging and experimenting!

thanks for the help .. i will go through the links but i also want to know if there is another way to create a blog in flash without using php . i mean you are talking about XML , so is it possible to create a blog in flash using XML which you are saying very easy to implement

and yes i want to tell that i had seen already those two links of ultrashock and kirupa's . but none of them worked for me . now i am, looking at your third link.

i didnt get you . what you want to say ??

This is really great!! Envision what a first web page natural and organic search ranking on Google may do for your company in terms of elevated inquiry, product sales and profitability.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.