Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by drjohn

You have no code: the only thing showing in firebug is:

<link href="chrome://mozbar/skin/css/injected.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

Which doesn't sound like a good name for a stylesheet if you ask me.

I'm new to this as my progrmmer can not be reached. What do I do?

I'm new to this as my progrmmer can not be reached. What do I do?

What package is your site suppose to be running & when did you first notice this?

I just Googled your stylsheet and it appears to be somewhat related to iframes and referenced a handful of times.

If I understand your package question correctly it stared out as a phpFox site 4 years ago but quickly changed to a custom site with many modifications and custom additions. I first noticed that the site was blank yesterday.

I spoke to the current webmaster. He is at a loss as to what has happened. I've spoke to GoDaddy to check DSN and namesevers info. All is in order on their side.

What are iframes? How do you Google a style sheet?

Thanks for your help.

If I understand your package question correctly it stared out as a phpFox site 4 years ago but quickly changed to a custom site with many modifications and custom additions. I first noticed that the site was blank yesterday.

I spoke to the current webmaster. He is at a loss as to what has happened. I've spoke to GoDaddy to check DSN and namesevers info. All is in order on their side.

What are iframes? How do you Google a style sheet?

Thanks for your help.

Hmm when i went to your site and inspected it with google chrome all i found was:

<html>
     <head>
     </head>
     <body>
     </body>
</html>

if you expected to see anything you wont at least add some text like so:

<html>
    <head>
          <title>Hello Html</title>
    </head>
    <body>
           <p>Hello from html</p>
    </body>
</html>

Edited by DavidKroukamp: n/a

If you have spoken to the webmaster, why not try something as simple as this:

upload the file again.

It's possible the file has got corrupted and thus is empty. There is no code when I view source, which suggests the file write failed and left an empty file in place.

The bit about firebug showing a css file - I think that's firebug detecting itself or more likely the browser skin, as the source code is devoid of anything.

Edited by drjohn: n/a

drjohn,

This site has been online for 5 years so I am at a totally loss as to what has happened. You mentioned the file "write" may have failed.
Is there a way for me to check if this has happen?
Have you heard of this happening before?
Where would I find the file "write"?

I've got someone looking into the issue but they don't have an idea what happened.

floatingDivs,

You ask a interesting question. My site hacked? I do I check the logs?

Thanks

Keeper

drjohn,

This site has been online for 5 years so I am at a totally loss as to what has happened. You mentioned the file "write" may have failed.
Is there a way for me to check if this has happen?
Have you heard of this happening before?
Where would I find the file "write"?

I've got someone looking into the issue but they don't have an idea what happened.

I mean when the file was saved to disk, it is a file write action. If that goes wrong, you have saved a blank file. Files failing to write happens occasionally.

Otherwise, the server has some problem and it has got corrupted. This is more likely, if the site has been there for a while.

Either way, try uploading the page again.

Edited by drjohn: n/a

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.