A friend sent me his website coding he did in iweb on his mac and wanted me to upload it to my hosting. The navigation links don't work and I have no idea what the problem is as his coding is completely all over the place and horrible and any time I try to change the coding the website doesn't show up correctly. As it is the website is horrible; however, if you can check it out and see if you know what the problem is in the menu links I'd greatly appreciate it! Let me know if you can figure it out...

The website is Click Here (bouncearoundjumperrentals.com)

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@ryanwhite17

The navigation links don't work and I have no idea what the problem is as his coding is completely all over the place and horrible and any time I try to change the coding the website doesn't show up correctly.

This looks wrong to me. If you already slice the buttons from using either photoshop or illustrator. I'm not sure why you have javascript involved when you only need to used a link instead.

Regardless on how you used a button, you still need to create a Nav CSS. Which I don't see here:

<div style="background: transparent url(Welcome_files/navbar_0_normal.png) no-repeat scroll center; height: 33px; left: 727px; position: absolute; top: -2px; width: 90px; z-index: 1; " id="navbar_0_normal"></div>
<a style="display: block; height: 26px; left: 730px; position: absolute; top: 2px; width: 85px; z-index: 2; " onmouseover="NBmouseover('0');" onmouseout="NBmouseout('0');" href="Products.html"></a>
<a style="display: block; height: 26px; left: 825px; position: absolute; top: 2px; width: 49px; z-index: 2; " onmouseover="NBmouseover('1');" onmouseout="NBmouseout('1');" href="Faqs.html"></a>

Here is a link to a CSS which will be easier for you to follow and insert the png files on to the Nav CSS

Read amd follow the instruction:

http://csswizardry.com/2011/01/create-a-centred-horizontal-navigation/

My friend did all the image files as well as the coding. I would have never done the coding like this. I tried replacing the coding in Dreamweaver by placing a rollover image for each nav link (I.e. welcome, products, faqs) but when I do that the body of the website completely disappears for some reason. It appears that he is trying to have simple rollover image links for each nav button but the links aren't working.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@ryanwhite17

I tried replacing the coding in Dreamweaver by placing a rollover image for each nav link (I.e. welcome, products, faqs) but when I do that the body of the website completely disappears for some reason. It appears that he is trying to have simple rollover image links for each nav button but the links aren't working.

It's actually make more sense now of what you are trying to do before I didn't know what you are doing. If you want to used a rollover by using an image then try this example:

http://www.vision.to/css-only-single-image-fast-rollover.php

I mean the CSS kinda more organized.

So I did few lines you can can get a sense on how it should look like:

<div align="center">
<div class="welcome">
    <a href="#">Welcome</a>
</div>
<div class="products">
    <a href="#">Products</a>
</div>
<div class="faqs">
    <a href="#">FAQS</a>
</div>
</div>

For the CSS, it pretty basic.

<style type="text/css">
.welcome{}
.products{}
.faqs{}
</style>

LastMitch is correct on both the css hover and the links.
The reason they are not working as there is no <a href=""> link, but as you are using a div, I would reccomend trying <div style="" onclick="window.location='mypage.html'"> - otherwise you might have a nightmere with inserting an <a>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.