caltech -15 Junior Poster in Training

I'm making somebody a website, and it needs to be manageable by the owner. She needs profile pages for each employee, and then a schedule which will list the employees who work on whichever days, and their names need to link to their pages... you know... and the employees frontpage will have thumbnails of each of their primary profile pictures linking to their respective profile pages, which will include a gallery of additional images and a bio. The clear solution to this would be to use a database with PHP/MySQL, and I'm familiar with PHP, can't take all the time to learn all that though right now. Tried making a database and all that, can't do it. But that would be the most sensical way... so if I could find a CMS that would maybe do all that only for their pages and take care of the MySQL inherently, then I could do the little side PHP scripting as needed most likely... or if the front page with the thumbnails could be included in it... because all the website content is dynamic, it just changes in the one little screen on the index page. That being said, I don't want all the bulk of a full-fledged CMS like Wordpress, for example. I considered CushyCMS, but it would be nice to have everything set up a little more automatically than that, which would still require a little more manual work to maintain or update (add pages etc.). Any ideas? Please? I'm all scattered over this. Thank you.