okay....i've creating a web base application...its running fine on my computer...but now, i wanna run it in a handheld...the size is too big...so, i converted it using doing this... what happens is, my background goes missing and the size remains the same...can someone guide me...thank you in advance

<LINK href="web.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="handheld"/>

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Just adding media=handheld is not enough, you'll have to adjust your CSS file too. Usually means creating new smaller images.

Just adding media=handheld is not enough, you'll have to adjust your CSS file too. Usually means creating new smaller images.

i see....by smaller images u mean the fonts, images, tables and everything?

If you mean designing your site compatible for viewing on iPhones and the like, it should just be able to scale accordingly to the device's resolution. If not, then you will have to resize images to fit a smaller resolution. You might want to send the user to a new mobile version of your site based on which mobile browser they are viewing your site on.

I'm new in the mobile development area myself. I am working on a mobile version of my company's website for iPhones and I am working with HTML5 and the <meta name="viewport"> tag and all that. I don't know if you'll have to incorprate that into your site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.