Hi

I have for many years been learning html/css and have built many sites for personal use, each time I get better at designing sites and have started to learn about creating layouts in Adobe Photoshop and converting them to HTML./CSS.

I have had some experience with PHP and MySQL which I am still developing with to get better. I am also looking into JavaScript and the onto AJAX. I find I learn when I get an idea about something and then I am motivated to learn it. I am planning to be able to become a freelance web developer (you can view my website here Click Here).

I have offered a service to future clients to maintain websites for them, but after a while this will become very time consuming as I can not do this for every client due to the fact I would do the web development outside of my normal job as a Customer Advisor.

I would like to know where to find out more about Content Management Systems, which ones to avoid and how they actually work and requirements for these to work. I also would like to know whether I can use Content Management Systems with sites I have designed from scratch and then I can deploy this on a CMS for the client to do updates on their own website.

I am a bit lost about the whole subject and I am concerned I am looking in the wrong place for the wrong solution for what I am trying to achieve any advise or guidance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Recommended Answers

If you are interested in how they work, building one is the best test. I like this book, it is a nice introduction into building your own.

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

If you are interested in how they work, building one is the best test. I like this book, it is a nice introduction into building your own.

Thank you I have got a copy of the book and it is a really good book, I am learning alot already.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.