Hi all,

I have been looking into making a website that has a timelapse video as its background, something similar to: http://www.thecowisgonemoo.com/nervaq/index-video.html

The question is - how does one set a video as the background of a website!? Some of these timelapse videos are 100's of MBs or even 1000's! Is there any off-the-bat advice from the DW community?

Thank you,
Michael

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ugh, what a nervous homepage.

Can't you just deconstruct that webpage? As for the video, low low-res is probably the key.

Ugh, what a nervous homepage.

Can't you just deconstruct that webpage? As for the video, low low-res is probably the key.

I understand what you mean by nervous, but I think it's effective when your target audience is usually distracted by something as dull as a fly; so this design should result in a great conversion rate.

I am going to deconstruct it now - I just wondered if anyone had some personal tips. I knew the answer was low res... I just didn't want to believe it :)

Thanks for responding,
Michael

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.