I'm not happy with the control, nor copy on my pages. I've seen some justified (fairly crisp) type at different web sites, but I've not been able to duplicate this adequately in my application. I've tried several things. First, I like Photoshop CS, but you can't justify there. Then I went to CorelDRAW! Of course I couldn't copy and paste, so I saved as a .Gif. The next problem was getting it sized to the graphic backdrop I'd created in PS. There's got to be a formula, but it escaped me. When I did get it sized in the draw app to match the art in PS I dragged from one window to the next. The requester said the depths were different, and when dragging it caused the type to be fuzzier than desired. If I can get the type to be as sharp as what you're reading then I will be pleased. Any ideas?
Thanks,
BuddyB

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

you could try .png (portable network graphic files) or work on antialiasing your files.
Is there a reason why you can't just use text?

Is there a reason why you can't just use text?

No really good reason I guess, but sometimes it seams like the type is too pixilated for a nice appearance, and I can't seem to get "justified" tags to work for me.

Thanks,
BuddyB

have you tried using css?

<span style="text-align: left;">text</span>
You can use any element you wish, and other than 'left' you have 'right' 'center' or 'justify'. If you wish to use most of them you'll probably need a block level element like a div or p.

I plan to get into this CSS thing, but to this point I haven't. Have looked at the basics and it was a bit confusing on the surface, but that's probably like anything else I've tried. I always seem to be able to work my way through with a fair measure of comprehension. Thanks for the guidance.
BuddyB

if you write your own css it's less confusing than computer generated stuff ;) same as html actually.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.