Yesterday I downloaded Moyea video converter to convert swf (flash) files to mp4 for my iPod. The converter works fine and the videos come out in excellent quality when I try playing them on my iTunes, but when I put them on my iPod it only played audio and showed a black screen.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

PC or Mac?

If its PC just use winff. Its free.

Most likely your ipod doesnt have the correct codec installed. There is no single standard MP4 format, its only a container for other codecs.

Hi!!! if you using a PC.
Try "ABC 3GP Converter", it converts flash files from the internet to MP4 and others.
It's Free.

Cheers!!!

I think the best way is to contact their support team.
You can get technical help from them.
To me, I am now using this tool: Aunsoft SWF Converter.
It is used to convert swf/flash files to many other video and audio formats, such as MOV, MP4, WMV, MPEG, AVI, 3GP, DV, VOB, MP3, AC3, etc. It also can convert SWF to AVI with Alpha which can be edited in Adobe Premiere.
Before converting, you can choose the profile just according to the specific device such as iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Zune, etc. to get the right format.
I make no guarantees on it, just think it maybe helpful to you.

WinFF looks good.

The standard for ipod video playback is MP4 H264 QVGA. If your files aren't in this exact format they won't play.

yeah i use winff for converting stuff for my pda

You can convert your swf files into mp4 files with swf to mp4 converter. The software can easily convert swf files into mp4 files in only a few minutes. It gives the result of good quality and also provides user friendly interface.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.