Dear Experts

I am using Nokia C2-00 Dual Sim. I connected this device with my pc through USB data cable.
Now in device manager it is shown as Nokia C2-00 USB Modem # 2 on port 15.

I have inserted two sims and active sim is 1.

I am using Microsoft Communications Control Version 6.0 to send messages.
I use following command to send messages

AT+CMGS="+923001234567"

HELLO RAHUL
+CMGS: 137

All other nokia mobile sets send sms through abvoe control and command perfectly.

My question is:
when I attach Nokia c2-00 then no message is sent to mobile.

My pc has following software and hardware
Nokia Suite 3.2.100
Nokia PC Suite 7.1.180.94
PC Connectivity Solution 12.0.27.0
Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.78.0
Nokia nPlatform 3.2.100.0
Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 6.1.7600, Build: 16385), Active
Detected USB drivers:
- Default Hub Driver for USB 6.1.7600.16385
- USB Modem Driver 6.1.7601.17514
- EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver 6.1.7601.17514

Please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you contacted Nokia support? Does your data plan support tethering? Is the phone configured for tethering? FWIW, I am a senior systems engineer at Nokia - I have to ask these questions! :-)

Yes they said:

Dear Mr. Mehmood,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

In response to your inquiry, we would like to inform you that you don't need to change any settings on your device so you could be able to send messages using the software you have mentioned in your email.

The issue here is that maybe the software isn't compatible with your device software and because the software isn't published by Nokia then we request you to contact the publisher of the application to get more and accurate information about the issue you are facing.

However, if you would like to send a message from your PC, you can connect your Nokia C2-00 with Nokia Suite application and use it to create and send messages to your contacts by following the below:

1. Open Nokia Suite and go to the Messaging tab, in the items area, click Create message.
  2. Start typing the names or numbers of the group message will sent to, Nokia Suite shows you a list of atching contacts found from your phone or computer. When creating a message, you can also add the ecipients to a contact group. To do so, while adding recipients for the message, choose a Add to group heck box and after the message has been sent, either choose the existing contact group where to add the ontacts or type a name for a new contact group.
  3. Write your message in the text box.
  4. When you are done, press the Send button.

For "Nokia Suite" download kindly go to:

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/Nokia_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe

And here is the reference number for your inquiry that would help us follow up on your case. Kindly provide us with this No. to be able to help you better.

Reference : 1-13745107497

They said again

Dear Mr. Mehmood,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

In response to your inquiry, it is unfortunate to inform you that we don't support any other third party software we can only support Nokia Suite application.

And as we have explained further you can use it to send messages using your PC, but kindly note that because your device is dual SIM you will only be able to send messages from SIM 1 only not from SIM 2.

And here is the reference number for your inquiry that would help us follow up on your case. Kindly provide us with this No. to be able to help you better.

Reference : 1-13745107497

For any further assistance, please contact our Care line on 11-11 66542.
Time: 10:00 AM To 07:00 PM (local time).
Working Days: Monday - Saturday.

Or get online assistance, please visit http://www.nokia.com/mea-en/support/contact/.

You can also go online to find user guides, troubleshooting support and other services to help you use your Nokia product”

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.