Hiya,

I program on PC laptop mostly throughout the year.
And in winter, program on my mobile phone. Nokia 2 (old timer).
I got now Samsungs which are better. So thinking of programming on them too, just for fun (so to speak).
I am curious to see my Samsungs Desktops on my PCs monitor.
Meaning, I want to hookup my Samsung Mobile Phones to my PC monitor so I do not have to use the mobile's little screens but use the PC monitor's big screen instead.
now, my mobiles use usb charger. That means, they only got usb ports.
So, which type of cable or connector I should buy to hookup the Samsung Phones to my PC monitor ?
I guess I will need some kind of adapter. So, which one ? Care to advise ? better, care to provide a link to any store selling those particular adapters ?

MONITOR DETAILS:

MONITOR: DELL E1916HV DISPLAY 18.5"
S/N: #AA2319310519
https://www.startech.com.bd/dell-e1916hv-18-5-inch--led-monitor

MOBILE DETAILS:
SAMSUNG GALAXY A9.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Oh, I forgot!
How can I connect my pc keyboard (Logitech) and mouse to my Samsung Galaxy A9 (Mobile Phone) ?

MOUSE: LOGITECH B-100
KEYBOARD: LOGITECH K120

I would NOT do this. The A9 wasn't on the list of phones according to Samsung that had this feature.

But hey, try https://www.ebay.com/itm/272284482999 and for the keyboard and mouse go get BLUETOOTH models.

I've seen folk do this and they feel upset it doesn't turn the phone into anything useful.

FOR MUCH LESS MONEY and effort you can find a Rasberry Pi for what I've read you want to do.

How on earth do you effectively program from your phone?!

commented: have some web can +0

Use a modest size smart TV instead of a monitor. Cast your phone.

@Dani

I programmed on my phone in winter 2019 & 2020. I had no choice as it was freezing to stay too long infront of my pc or laptop in my bedroom. And so, I used to sit near the cooker in the kitchen and program on my phone. I hated at first but if I wait for winter to finish before sitting on my computer then I will have to wait 3 months doing no programming. hence programmed on the phone. I got used to it. But ass soon as winter finished, went back to pc.
I tried again just a little in winter 2021 but then felt frustrated that time and did not bother programming atall and waited for winter to disappear. Waited till feb/march. Did plan on buying a tablet to replace the phone as I can program on the tablet from under the blanket on my bed.
But, this time 2022 winter was not that cold and so still sitting at my laptop in bedroom. Did not buy the tablet nor try programming on the phone.
Now come to think of it, I wonder how did I find patience to program on my Nokia 2 screen dec-mar 2019-2020 & dec-march 2020-2021. This time round does my head & eyes in. Maybe due to me starting to have eye problems now as I see blurry after becoming 43. Mid 40's now. Will be starting late 40's from next yr. Will need glasses to read small texts now. I hate wearing glasses.
Not gonna nosey about your actual age but I guess you are younger than me about 2-6yrs. But if you're older than me then let me know. Nice learning programming from a younger miss. ;)
Or maybe you're a generation younger. But if I remember correctly, you have been programming since late 90's and so I guess you must be in your early 40's.

@rproffitt

Thanks! But would this hookup to my pc monitor aswell ? Want to still make use of my monitor.

commented: Yes. Unless monitor is from long ago without HDMI. +16

@mschuller

Sorry mate. English is my 2nd language.
What do you mean by "cast my phone" ? You mean "project" ?

Regarding what do I mean by "Cast"- English is my 1st language and I wasn't sure which word to use. Project seems equivalent. Or Mirror or Display. Direct physical connection can also be done with a HDMI cable that has a USB end that matches your phone. https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-view-my-samsung-smartphone-screen-on-my-tv/

commented: The A9 wasn't on the list of phones according to Samsung that had this feature. -4

I believe that there must be some ways. Some soft maybe? Who knows..

I still believe that it is possible

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.