Hello i ve tried to upload my first app on the App Store but i got this mesage from Apple. Any ideas how to proceed?

*Your app provides a limited user experience as it is not sufficiently different from a mobile browsing experience. As such, the experience it provides is similar to the general experience of using Safari. Including iOS features such as push notifications, Core Location, and sharing do not provide a robust enough experience to be appropriate for the App Store.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to provide a more robust user experience by including additional native iOS functionality.*

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm reminded of what The Cat said in Red Dwarf.
whatisit.gif

Remember that folk that make apps like a browser or MP3 player get rejected all the time. That's been discussed so I think we have to start with Red Dwarf's rather famous question which is "What is it?"

Any idea what i should do? Reject tha app totally?

Maybe I wasn't clear in my Question which is "What is it?"

If you have some app that is a browser then they will reject it as they have Safari. Tell us what this app is and how it is really different from Safari.

commented: this is my app on Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovespier.mobile +5

What I see is what could be delivered via a web page. Apple would reject that. I see they explained why so I'll not duplicate and possibly confuse that response.

As to Android, the rules allow what you did so that's going to go ahead.

What I do see is what and mind you I've only seen this today and will not sign up or install this app to try it out since I can't be sure what it really does (no source) in the background so to me this seems to duplicate what Youtube does for media, channels, etc. So you have that working against you plus Apple's own rules.

Fix? Make a web version so iUsers can get at your content and system.

commented: Thanks for your time rproffitt. I got it. No source? +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.