Hi all, Im new to you guys. To the problem. I have 18 month old HP media center m7067c. 6 months out of warrenty it died or so I thought. I completed computer repair course 6 years ago and this is a first. I was busy at the time so I took it in to Best Buy, paid my money and they told me it was a motherboard. I bought a new m7250n until I could troubleshoot it. In the meantime I bought a new original motherboard (Goldfish 3) to install. I put it in and still didn't fix it, all I get was a blinking green light on power supply. I decided to troubleshoot further, with power supply disconnected it seamed to be fine, but when connected to MB no go. I deciced to slave the power supply from my other MC PC and it worked. It was a bad power supply. I then decided to do a fresh install, so I formated the drive and I get the error: These disks are not for this model of media center. I know they are the right disks as I purchased them by serial# from HP. I research over the web I have gathered the information something about HP tattoo utilities for MB. I looked all over the HP site and nothing? Any help would be much appreciated. CPU-RAM

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I wish I knew the answer but all I can do here is vent about HP, because my Compaq didn't work when I ordered the restore CD and it was supposedly the incorrect one so it didn't work at all. Pissed me off!

i think no need to install the OEM cd, just load xp cd on it and do as normal installation, if got missing drivers then search it over the web...

i think no need to install the OEM cd, just load xp cd on it and do as normal installation, if got missing drivers then search it over the web...

Thanks I already tried that and the machine is operational with XP only. The original problem causes me a lot of heartburn, as I can't get the full benifits of the computer, DVD writer, TV tuner and all the media center capabilities as well as a lot of the original software that came with the computer. Thanks cpu-ram

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.