Hello everybody,
I had a problem with my vaio VGN-A130 laptop booting up (blue sreens).... took it to geek squad technicians and they told me my harddrive was going bad so it needs to be replaced and gave me a killer price. Then I thought I should do it myself by getting a software from Spotmau.com. I then carefully opened my laptop to locate my harddrive. After locating where it was I carefully put everything back together and press the power botton..... NOTHING no light.... no sound... Please somebody help me cause I tried to open it and put it back together again but it still does the same thing.... I never move that hard drive from where it is nor install anything else. What might have gone wrong?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tadgey

took it to geek squad technicians and they told me my harddrive was going bad so it needs to be replaced and gave me a killer price.!!!
What might have gone wrong?
Then I thought I should do it myself by getting a software from Spotmau.com. LOL .

took it to geek squad technicians and they told me my harddrive was going bad so it needs to be replaced and gave me a killer price.!!!
What might have gone wrong?
Then I thought I should do it myself by getting a software from Spotmau.com. LOL .

Yeah, It sounds like LOL, but what is your suggestion THE understanding MASTER.

were you grounded when you worked on the laptop?

No, I didn't get grounded

No, I didn't get grounded

don't misunderstand the question,you should have grounded yourself, to get rid of any static electricity from your body,so you wouldn't short out the laptop.

Having worked on many Sony's myself, did you make sure that you replaced EVER niggety little ribbon cable, every little wire and every little screw?

Even if it was just 1 wire not plugged it it could kill the system. I left out the ribbon cable for the keyboard on an S series and I never heard the end of it from the little sony!

But if you touched any of the components and you were charged you may have a laptop with a dead Mobo in front of you.

If so, I'd suggest returning it to Geeksquad unfortunately :(

Check out the ribbon cable that leads from the motherboard to the power button make sure its not damaged. I just typed sony laptop not booting in google and found many reasons why they dont boot up. 1 site suggested reseating the memory. Check your adapter

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.