I have a 8800gtx oc that i am using with a msi 915p neo 2 platinum mobo. I just reformated this computer, and when i try and install the drivers from the cd, or the nvidia site i recieve the message "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware" i downloaded SiSoftware Sandra lite and it doesnt detect the card. Also in device manager there is nothing there. What is wrong with this card? it had never been used before, it was a friends that was just layaing around.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

are you able to see anything on the monitor connected to the pci card?
is the pci slot enable in the bios,
do you have an onboard vga slot on the mobo
i suggest you shut down and remove the card, then resatr go in the bios, enable the pci slots, when windows start look if it show in device manager. then shut down and insert the card then start up windows again

I tried your suggestions and still no luck. In the BIOS I loaded the default settings and still nothing, I also reset this BIOS with the jumper on the mobo and no luck. Any other suggestions?

I tried your suggestions and still no luck. In the BIOS I loaded the default settings and still nothing, I also reset this BIOS with the jumper on the mobo and no luck. Any other suggestions?

bios defaults may not have the pci slots enabled ,you may need to go deeper into the bios to enable them yourself.

Try to plug the monitor into the mobo itself if it has a VDU slot. Then see if you actually get a picture, then try to install the drivers from there. Might be worth a shot.

right now the monitor is plugged into the video card which is in the pci e slot, and i get picture when i turn on the computer, doesnt that mean that the pci e slot is enabled?

Yes it does, it seems that your problem is cured if you can see the picture when ur using ur video card.

It is not cured because it does not show up in device manager, and i cannot install the latest drivers, or any driver for that matter.

did you reinstall the motherboard drivers yet,you should have gottin a disk with the motherboard

Thanks caperjack, I went to the mobo web site and updated it completely. Thanks everyone for their help. problem solved.

Thanks caperjack, I went to the mobo web site and updated it completely. Thanks everyone for their help. problem solved.

thats great ,
with out the chipset drivers it didn't recognize the card was even in the pci slot .

Please Mark this thread as solved, so that people don't randomly come here in the future trying to fix a fixed problem!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.