I have just installed a new a psu, cpu, ram and gfx card to the mobo. I did everything properly grounded etc, and reattached all the power cables to the right places.

I go to start up my pc and I get no visual output on the monitor, I am also not receiving any beeps from the motherboard. I have tried booting without the RAM and without the CPU, this makes no difference. I have also tried both visual outputs on the new gfx. What the hell is going on? I should also mention the loading light flashes constantly for about 10 seconds then stops, then all im left with is the power light. All fans work.

I cannot remember whether the system speaker was working before I Installed the new hardware, however if it is not connected I have no idea how to reconnect the pc speaker. I have looked at the manual and it shows me the connectors for the pc speaker, but I do not see any wires that should be plugged into the relevant ports.

I have also tried resetting the cmos, removing the battery etc.

Intel Quad Core 2.6ghz
Geforce 8800GT
2GB DDR2 800mhz RAM
Asus P5N32-E Deluxe

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

make sure you put ample paste between the cpu and sync, i've seen the exact same issue when that happens. also, remove the graphics card,, and try and use the on board. after you've done that, if it still won't boot, remove the ram. this should produce a series of beeps, if not, either the mobo or cpu is hooped.

make sure you put ample paste between the cpu and sync, i've seen the exact same issue when that happens. also, remove the graphics card,, and try and use the on board. after you've done that, if it still won't boot, remove the ram. this should produce a series of beeps, if not, either the mobo or cpu is hooped.

I installed my old cpu and it worked fine. So it must be an issue with the cpu. I did some research and apparently the release BIOS version forthe p5n32-e sli motherboard does not support intel core 2 quad processors. Apparently an update for the bios allows these processors to work, so I installed the new bios, installed the new processor but it still has the same results as I mentioned earlier. I guess they shipped me a broken cpu (brand new).

seen it many many times b4.

Got it working!!

Removing the CPU and re-applying the thermal paste did the trick. Thanks for the advise, I would have thrown away a perfectly good CPU if I hadn't have reinstalled it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.