I have just installed a Hauppauge WinTV- PVR 150 in an HP Pavilion a824n desktop running XP Home (no Media Center) that's coming up on 3 years old. I have a 82915G/GV/910GL integrated graphics chipset in the computer. I have this strange problem where at first when finished with the installation, I had a jittery, off-color picture, contacted Hauppauge tech support and downloaded updated drivers, etc. and got a good picture for a minute or 2 and then it blipped back to the original messed up picture without touching anything. Why would it work, and then not? I have a suspicion that when I first start up the computer and the TV App and get a good picture, and then lose it shortly after is that maybe the card is defective where it works for a short time and then heats up to a point that causes the picture to go bad. Am I off base on this educated guess?.....sometimes the picture will be bad at the start as well. Should I look at updating graphics drivers for the desktop? I had downloaded a Graphics Media Accelerator file, but still get same results.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP ON THIS!!

Dave

This is hardware issue. Given the age of the machine I'd check for a contaminated set of cooling fins. Short of that I'd take the card back to the retailer for a refund/replacement.

You have impecable timing.....I was on the phone to Hauppauge tech support last week where they are only open Mon-Fri. I posted my question Friday night in hopes of getting the damn thing squared away by Sunday to record the playoffs (worked my job all day). Just got off the phone with their support today, Monday, and the tech said it was prob a hardware issue, so I'm off to exchange it,,,but on the other side of town....none left at the Circuit City near me...wish they would have said that Friday!!!...Oh, well, thanks for the reply, mechbas!

Dave

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.