Hi,

I am not particularly hardware savvy, but am trying to set up an older laptop with a docking station to work with a graphics card as a gift for my nephew.

I am working on a Dell Latitude C400 Laptop (PIII, 1333 Mhz, 1Gb ram, XP pro). My docking station is the Dell C/Dock2:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Docking_Station/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&sku=310-1651&~lt=popup&~ck=ManRelated#Overview)

Can I use this with a GeForce FX5200 256MB 128bit PCI???

Is there a big power supply problem ???

I already slipped the card in, and when I look in the system properties, it has the famous yellow exclamation mark with the message

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. I've tried looking for the conflict, but don't really know how to tell where the problem might be, or if I am just out of luck.

>>>This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
there aren't enough ports and/or IRQs to operate the device. either follow it's suggestion and remove some devices or use another server for the card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.