Well i have a Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset family graphics card.
All works and fine and ive downloaded the latest drivers but,

When i tried to play joint task force the game said i didnt have pixel shader and vertex shader.
But intels website says that my graphics card does support the two options.

And i have downloaded the latest drivers as well from there website.
Im running windows vista premium
on a satellite a205-s4577 Toshiba laptop

o and icanrunit.com also says that i have pixel/vertex shader version 0.0

Can any one give me some advise on how to fix this, or some other way i can get these two hardware options to work, or bypass the games requirements b/c it wont even start (error comes up saying my hardware doesn't support this feature)

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Warrior[PU]

no it wont work

the intel chips are not for games, they are not proper graphics cards.

ya i know that but the web site says that it supports both of these functions

ya i know and thats the problem..

the video card supports both fetures but for some reason there not working according to game installers and icanrunit.com

ok ya i figured that out already.

But my question is why does pixel/vertex shader come up as not being there while installing a game, when they should be

opps im so sorry my bad
on this site
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-014257.htm
it says this "Intel provides an optimized graphics pipeline for vertex processing that is included in Microsoft* DirectX"

so i guess the cafrd doesnt support it.
so i guess this sucks...is there any way to buy a new graphics card for a laptop without buying a whole new one

no a new laptop is needed

intel is not a real graphics card, it draws windows on the screen and thats about it - no games

i was afriad you were going to say that..o well i can still play my favorite games *warrock, flyff* so im happy. now im waiting till i get my old computer back..3.0MHz, 1gb video ram, 4gb ram :)..its customized just for gaming

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.