i have a Ethernet adsl modem connected to my pc. now i want to share my internet using proxy. is it possible to have 2 pci lan cards on one pc, so that i could connect one to the Ethernet modem and the other for LAN (to the second pc) and enable proxy and share the same internet line. presently mine is a PPOE connection and i dont have a ip address. pls help

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Ethernet adsl modem connected to my pc. now i want to share my internet using proxy. is it possible to have 2 pci lan cards on one pc, so that i could connect one to the Ethernet modem and the other for LAN (to the second pc) and enable proxy and share the same internet line.

Ethernet adsl modem connected to my pc. now i want to share my internet using proxy. is it possible to have 2 pci lan cards on one pc, so that i could connect one to the Ethernet modem and the other for LAN (to the second pc) and enable proxy and share the same internet line.

it sure is ,but why not just buy a router ,
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1175243233028&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=3302896164B02

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.