This is the first I've heard of Daniweb - it seems pretty cool. I found this while trying to find information on jumper functions for an old ESS 1969 pci sound card. I have a slim profile Gateway computer so nearly all PCI cards don't fit in it. I need a game port for using midi (the motherboard doesn't have one) and this was the only card I could get to fit (I had to break off part of it to make it fit). Anyhow it was working fine until I accidentally bumped off the only jumper on the card - and I'm not sure where it was. Without the jumper my onboard sound card won't work unless the ESS 1969 is taken out or the driver is uninstalled. Before, I had full function of my onboard sound card and was able to use the game/midi port of the ESS card at the same time. So far I've had no luck finding any info on jumpers for the ESS card - most web info on the card is related to drivers, which I don't need. ARRGH! Any ideas? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The software was written by ESS Technologies, Inc., from what they're saying they didn't actually mfg. the card. Finding the jumper settings I had no better luck.
Remove card and write down and send VERBATIM the FCC ID number on the card. That will indicate the actual hdwr. mfg., they will have to be identified/contacted for the info that you want.

Anyhow it was working fine until I accidentally bumped off the only jumper on the card - and I'm not sure where it was. .

giving it was the only jumper on the board it should not be hard to figure out where it went ,can you take and post a picture of the board .
i know this is an older thread but who know !

oui, capper. there COULD be more than two pins.

oui, capper. there COULD be more than two pins.

i agree ,but not a hoho lot more

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.