Well, I have tried everything I know and I can't sort this one out, so thought I would ask for help.
Have an up and running Asrock 1333 HD mobo. quad 6600 cpu and 2mb crucial RAM on Vista 64 bit. It works fine. I am happy with it. But then I added a Compro videomate E800 tv card in my only PCI-E slot. It just slips in and no extra power supply needed. On boot up, no BIOS prompts on screen - just a blank screen with "no signal being received". Take E800 out of PCI-E slot and it boots fine. Grrrrrrrrr.
What have I done:
1. Updated BIOS
2. After rebooting, cleared CMOS
3. Taken out Nvidia GE Force 8600GT video card and now running on on-board graphics.
4. Checked seating of PCI-E card. It is in as far as it will go.
5. Double checked no power socket on PCI-E card. There isn't one.
6. Green LED on E800 shows that mobo is capable of running wake-up from mobo.
7. I do not have another machine with a PCI-E slot.
8. Checked AMI BIOS and found setting"Power for PCI" and enabled.
9. Looked at all other BIOS settings, but nothing jumps out.
10. Set default video device to "on-board" as now testing without GE Force 8600GT in place.
11. Made sure I always powered down fully and disconnected power, waiting for LED's to dim before adding/removing card.
12. Tried it with and without "wake up to record prog" connections on E800 connected and not connected.
It should work. But it doesn't. And it is really getting up my *r**.
Any suggestions gratefully received. Something is happening when teh TV card is plugged into teh PCI-E slot that is affecting the video out to the monitor. But I don't know what it is.
Thanks for reading. Even better if you have a suggestion :)