Hi,
I'm having a problem with my monitor, a 19 inch LG l194wtx I connect it to my Radeon x800 xt through a dvi cable. The card has a vga connection as well.
When I turn on my pc, the activity and the monitor lights come on but the screen remains black.
I rebooted a couple of times and at one point it displayed the log on screen but it flickered for a few seconds and the screen went black again.
I connected to my lcd tv through the vga connection and it worked fine. I thought it might be the dvi cable so I changed it but the problem remained.
The monitor displays after I push a few buttons, like right now, but I don't know what I did because it didn't display.
Previously, the pc was shutting down but it had a new 500 watt power supply with two power supply connectors, male and female. I could only connect the male because all the connections were taken by the dvd drives, the graphics card, and the fans.
I checked out the monitoring application that came with the resource disk and it showed that the power supply was below threshold. I put in a 350 with only a male connector and one to the motherboard. That seemed to fix that problem.
Now the display.
It doesn't seem to be the graphics card, , as it displays on my tv. (Incidentally, the color on my tv just went. Coincidence?)
Do I need a new monitor even though it's less than a year old or is it the graphics card?
Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated.

If the vga display option workd fine, but the dvi does not, you may hav a hardware compatability problem. Goto the display manufacturer's website and see if there is an issue with this video card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.