I just really want to know what goes on inside a speaker. because i dont understand how my subwoofer can pump so much air out of it without using a fan

anyone know?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you are talking about a convention cone type speaker take the dust cover off of the speaker and look at how the cone travels back and forth. I've blown out candles to demonstrate the amount of air it moves.

small surges of current travel through the voice coil which moves the "cone" Producing sound waves. the cone traveling is what produced the air movement

because the cone of the speaker vibrate depending on the about of wattage that is applied to the coil that surrounds a magnet. this displaced air help the speaker to perform better. if the Air hole was blocked the sound would be distorted and can tear the rib of the speaker cone (Rib is the flexible material that attached the cone to the frame of the speaker.)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.