Hey guys im a heavy gamer and i want to play age of conan when it comes out. I need to upgrade my processor though, to a core 2 duo processor. I know that i need to let you guys know about what kind of Mobo i have now and everything, but thats the problem. I need help figuring out what kind of mobo i have now, any help is much appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Just find some numbers on you Mobo and google them. thats the easyest way. Just make sure it is a Socket 775 with at least an 800Mhz FSB and can support up to at least 4 gig of Dual channel DDR2 ram.

If you want it really fast get a board with a 1333 Mhz FSB and get some DDR3 ram. Thats if you want to spend about $500

If it can do all of that. then i suggest this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115030

where can i find all of those numbers? I think i know where i can find out the RAM specs, from crucial.com, but what about the FSB and the Socket number? I know i have DDR2 Memory, its a PCI E motherboard as far as my graphics card goes

There are a couple ways to find out the mobo specs.

If you open your case, there should be a couple stickers on the board that have some numbers on them. google those numbers and find a mobo that matches.

or you can go to the device manager ( start/control pannel/system/device manager) and find the model of your mobo then just google the model and it should give you all the specs.

The FSB and the socket will all be in the specs that you can find on the internet.

Hope this helps

ok im at the device manager but im not sure which category to look under. Theres no straightforward Motherboard section so idk. I found something under mobo resources - a number ACPI/PMP0C02/17, could that be it?

CPUz is a small program that will tell you things like this. Download it HERE. Just unzip it and run, no install needed.

Go to the 'mainboard' tab and your mobo manufacturer and model number should display. This will also tell you about your CPU and memory. A handy little proggie.

ABOUT CPU-Z

thanks, CPUz is really useful

Just find some numbers on you Mobo and google them. thats the easyest way. Just make sure it is a Socket 775 with at least an 800Mhz FSB and can support up to at least 4 gig of Dual channel DDR2 ram.

If you want it really fast get a board with a 1333 Mhz FSB and get some DDR3 ram. Thats if you want to spend about $500

If it can do all of that. then i suggest this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115030

i looked up my specs and i googled some stuff and im thinking my mobo wont support core 2 duo. I have a 945G chipset, model number DM051 with a southbridge (??) of 82801 gb

it won't. you will need to buy a new mobo. sorry

hey, thats ok...im eyeing up a great combo deal on newegg - a new mobo and a quad core processor for 400 buckaroos :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.