We just got 3 Optiplex 755 systems and I have tried to get TV out to work on two systems and I can't get the desktop to display on the TV. I have tried many things like different TV's, cables, drivers, etc. I have never had a problem with TV out on any system that I have had. Dell's tech support was of no help because they could not figure it out either. All help would be appreciated.

C2D 6850
WinXP Pro
2GB 800Mhz
ATI HD2400XT with Dual DVI-D and TV-Out

Thanks,
JC

Ok quick update. I had been using an S-video to composite adapter and it did not work. But right after I posted this thread I got an S-video cable and it worked. Now why did it work.

The reason I ask. I have an HD2600XT at home for a HTPC and my TV only has composite inputs and when I used the supplied S-video to composite adapter that came with the card, I only got a B&W picture. I noticed that the supplied adapter and S-Video cables only have 4-pins but the ATI video cards have 7 connection holes. I found the adapter that has 8-pins and this was able to give me the color back.

When I tried the same 8-pin adapter on the 2400XT on these Dell systems, all I got was a blank screen on the TV. WHY?

Thanks,
JC

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.