i dont know much about laptops or computers in general so hopefully the info that i give will be enough. when using the laptop it just shut off for no reason. after that i tried to start it again by pressing the power button and it seemed as if everything was fine but then the laptop went to black screen and it gave me a bunch of options like starting in the safe mode or pressing some of the F keys for different things all the while there was a timer counting down seconds and the first time i just let it count down the seconds but when it went to go start it just shut off and mad a weird almost whisteling noise and then restarted again on its own and repeted this process a few times before i just decided to try to start it in safe mode and this happened when i tried to start it in safe mode too.. does anybody know what can be causing this or how i can fix it?

thank you in advance for all of your help:icon_exclaim:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

on that black screen you could try, last know good configuration . some time this works but the problem is usually a harddrive or device driver problem and will require the windows cd to run repair .

wow you knew exactly what i was talking about thats awesome.. i did try to do it like that and it kept doing the same thing..am i going to have to replace the harddrive or something.

wow you knew exactly what i was talking about thats awesome.. i did try to do it like that and it kept doing the same thing..am i going to have to replace the harddrive or something.

not necessarily,you may just need to do a repair of windows ,and you will need to do this with the windows cd,in the cdrom drive and boot computer to the disk and do a repair ,at the prompt you type in , "chkdsk /r" with out the quotes" .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.