Hey guys,

I have an Hp media center pc m7250n and I seem to have some problems with it lately. I'd be on the computer for about 15-20 minutes and then it will automatically shut itself off. Afterwards, I have to wait about a minute before I can restart it again. I thought this problem may have something to do with the fact that the dvd-rom broke and maybe something got jammed inside. Or maybe it has something to do with the fan since it's been making some weird noises for a while. I'd like to know what I can do to fix this problem.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sounds like an overheating CPU to me.

If the CPU fan has failed, you need to replace the fan or the HSF assembly.

How clean is the HSF? If it plugged up, blow it out thoroughly with canned air. Also clean air intakes and vents.

I doubt it has anything to do with your DVD drive. If it's broken, replace it or al least disconnect power and signal cables.

you have one of two possible problems here. Either your PSU is going out on you, or your CPU is overheating. Is your PC dusty inside, this acts as insualtion, you wanna get rid of this. Does your heat sink fan appear to be running slowly? Sometimes they start to die out on you as well, if this happens then the cpu will overheat, and they have a built in sensor which tells it to shut off when it is too warm.

If you have an old PSU try it, and inspect your hsf for failure.

hi kittylover, better change your fan before your processor give up.. overheating will spoil your processor

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.