perplexeds 0 Newbie Poster

I have a envision 19 in H190L 2 lcd monitor

my computer is a systemax xp system about 5 years old

The new monitor works fine though I just get that message and never did before but would like to solve problem anyway.

I installed my new flat monitor and now I get this message when I click standby or shut down I never got it before with my old big monitor

a box pops up

self diognostics

no signal

like I said it did not give me that message with old monitor I am assuming something is needed that I don't have.I installed S3 Graphics driver from viaarena

I have checked and rechecked all cords leading to and from monitor seems fine

could it have anything to do with the signal from my DSL lite does that have a signal?????

I called my server and was told my service is fine and I called office depot and was told

theirs gives that message too because when you click standby or shutdown there is no signal
but that does not seem right to me why does it say check system cable,
but check system cable seems odd to me like there is an issue with the cable itself?? but monitor works fine but odd I did not have this problem until I put on this NEW lCD monitor.

o.k. I called the makers of the new monitor and they want me to hook up the old monitor and have me call them back and reset something I think resolution I think then put my new monitor back on , how will that help??? makes no sense to me???? the old monitor never gave me that "message no signal check system cable" only this new LCD monitor

Keep in mind all this techy stuff is way over my head ! Maybe I should just take monitor back.

Thanks any help is appreciated,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.