Hi, everybody.

I am thinking about upgrading from my existing DVD player to a new Blu-ray disc player. However, I am wondering if it is as simple as just purchasing the player. I don't want to purchase the player and then find out my TV doesn't support the connections, etc.

Are there any tricks or traps I have to be aware of when going to a Blu-ray system?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I don't know about the connectors, but there is a chance that your TV will only output a lower quality image than the Blu-Ray player is sending. In the event that they're on the same page, you're probably set; otherwise, you might need to convert some cables.

Then again, I don't really know... :P

get a HDTV and then get a blu-ray player :D...i don't think they got a composite video out(don't know for sure),there'll probably be a component out so if ur tv supports component in go for it,but go for a HDTV will ya cuz you wont get da blu-ray experience wiv a normal tv :)

get a HDTV and then get a blu-ray player :D...i don't think they got a composite video out(don't know for sure),there'll probably be a component out so if ur tv supports component in go for it,but go for a HDTV will ya cuz you wont get da blu-ray experience wiv a normal tv :)

Is it really that much better than HD DVDs? I mean I look at the displays in the stores and compare the two and there is barely a difference if any.

i meant HDTV lol :)

Is it really that much better than HD DVDs? I mean I look at the displays in the stores and compare the two and there is barely a difference if any.

HD DVD has been abandoned.
But no, BluRay is no better. It just had more money behind it, Sony bought their market position instead of earning it through technical merits.

HD DVD has been abandoned.
But no, BluRay is no better. It just had more money behind it, Sony bought their market position instead of earning it through technical merits.

Thats what I thought. :/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.