Hey Guys
I have an Acer Travelmate 2300 Series (2303LC) laptop. Sometimes the screen won't start at all. I don't think this is a back-light problem as I can't even see anything at all, even with a strong light pointed at the monitor.
Hooked up to an external monitor, the POST and windows startup screen shows only on the external monitor, and most of the time it's fine. The Laptop's own display ONLY then comes on when the Acer 'splash-screen' comes up, then stays on through the rest of the boot.
Could this be a bios problem?
Then sometimes, the display starts flashing quite fast, resembling a Television with a 'Verticle Hold' problem, does this for a while until the screen goes off all together. Then sometimes, it will restart normally, all be it once the Acer Logo (splash-screen) shows. The laptop can operate for two or three days sometimes without problem, then I could go through all these symptoms again.

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I would ask you to ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card. Also it it possible that you need to update your BIOS. Have you contacted ACER Tech support? I might advise that you do as this is an unusual problem. Hope this helps

I would ask you to ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card. Also it it possible that you need to update your BIOS. Have you contacted ACER Tech support? I might advise that you do as this is an unusual problem. Hope this helps

Hi, Thanks for reply.
Could I ask, how would I check/replace Bios file?
I have tried winflash and award utilities, though no joy.

I have updated the GPU driver and Chipset drivers already. Would anyone know if there is a utility for EASILY upgrading the Bios on the Acer Travelmate 2303LC?

Thank you very much

Love this Forum

Hmm, I have to say I do not know too much about Bios issues, I only know how to update a Bios. Mucking around with a BIOS is ill advised if you don't know what you are doing. Might I recommend that you contact Acer technical support? Hopefully somebody with more experience with these issues might reply also...

Thanks so much for your help

Fraser

OK well sorry I wasn't much help, my advice, as I said, is wait for someone else to respond here or (preferably) call tech support, I have been googling this for you but not found anything of value yet....will persist and get back to you if I find anything useful, Good Luck!!

Just a thought, did you update the BIOS (Or GPU driver or anything else) then notice these problems?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.