Hi,

I have an Athon 800 mhz processor with spacewalker AI61 Cpu pnp mainboard (motherboard) and western digital 60 ghz 54 rpm (?). for awhile, my harddrive was giving me problems. I had the HDD for at least 2 or 3 years. It had WinME for a while, then installed winxp the year they came out. It did fine. About 6 or 7 months ago, I have decided to install linux (Fedora core 2)to see what it was like. I used linux for about 2 or 3 months. Liked it, but discovered with a 3 years old, I don't have time to learn linux. So I went back to WinXP, and since then I start having problems. My window kept freezing up and got to the point where it wouldn't boot up. so I reinstall windowsXP. Same thing happen. I must have install winXP about 4 or 5 times since.

My husband thought maybe I need a new hdd. So we brought one. it is 40 GHz with 7200 rpm seagate. When he installed it, the HDD was not recongizable. So I thought maybe it need to be on the master drive instead of manufacter default. so I did. but for some reason since then. The computer made a long continous beeps. my husband fiddle around with the computer and it stop beeping but it made two short quick beep, and my dos screen wouldn't show up at all. I know my monitor works because the monitor screen says it is working, check your pc or cable.

What can I do to fix this problem?

What does show on your screen? It's quite possible you simply need to reinstall Windows on your system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.